Sunday, April 26, 2020

some memories of Adarsh Hindi High School

Hello friends ,

How are you, hope you are good. Follow social distance and stay healthy.

Yesterday I told you some stories about my first school. Today I will tell you about my second school "Adarsh Hindi High School".

When my family shifted house, my school also had to change. At some distance from my house, there was a school called "Adarsh Hindi High School". I took admission in class 9th. At that time we had to choose our subjects and I chose PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, and MATHEMATICS along with COMPULSORY LANGUAGE / SUBJECTS. I wanted to become a SCIENTIST / ENGINEER. One of my maternal uncles (mother's brother) was a professor of ATOMIC PHYSICS in America and I also wanted to go and study abroad, which could not be done - well, leave that.

Yes, in our new school, the girls used to take classes in the morning and after cleanliness, our classes used to be from 10.30 am to 5.00 pm, there was lunch break at 2.00 and there was attendance again at 2.30.

All was well for about 12 or 18 months - in those days school used to be only till 11th and after that there were BOARD EXAMS  and passing that we had to go to college - it was 11 + 3 year system as against 10 + 2 + 2 . So I had to spend only 3 years in this school - And 10th and 11th students used to be senior Boys

There was a theater near our school. Our head teacher was a patient of blood pressure - I remember that  sometimes after first class -we used to go to the nearby cinema hall to see the movie by giving money to the watchman  and then after lunch we used to attend class with all the children, Sometimes when caught, we were taken to the head teacher. We knew he had a heart problem, we used to come out by making some or other excuses.

We were fine in studies and also participated in other school programs, so we were famous in school.

Some of my friends met me a few years ago via FACEBOOK, thanks to Surbir - who called me after seeing my profile. Kamal Sinha was a special friend of my school time - Surbir spoke to me and we still talk sometimes. Another friend was Nityananda Sharma - he is Lefty . Kamal and Nityananda used to come my home and had good image with my parents

In this school, the focus was more on studying because after 11th we had to appear in the BOARD  EXAMS and we could not afford to  have much fun.

When I was in class 11, Saraswati Puja was organized in our school - at the time of immersion of the Saraswati idol - we were seniors so we had to go BUT for me it was necessary to reach home  before 8 o'clock. We were late during immersion process and it was  about 10 o'clock - I was very scared that I would be beaten up very badly at home - I told Nityananda that he should accompany me to my house - My family considered Nityanad to be a good boy and in reality he was quite responsible too - when we reached the door and rang the bell, Dad opened the door - Before opening the door Dad saw from the view hole - and I heard a sound as if something was banged / dropped near the gate - the door opened. Dad was calm on seeing Nityananda - but I saw that there was a slipper near the door - single - that was the thing which was dropped and i heard the sound - and with  which I had to be welcomed - all the people of the house were standing and awaiting - what will happen now - But I survived because of Nityananda. - Thanks brother.

EXAMS of our school completed in December - we used to get three months to prepare.my father arranged one Tution teachers used to come to the house to help me during my studies.

Friends, even today I have the board's marksheet and certificate.











Friends, we used to have a kind of fun in school, but when we were at home, the fun was different.

In the next blog, I will try to write about the fun of some home locality.

Thank you for joining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment